FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8,927 Posts
92gt5spd said:
when's the last time u replaced the distributor/plugs/plug wires? They can cause a lot of hesitation. I'm not sure if your definition of hesistation is the same as mine...but thats what mine was. Mine would take about 2 or so seconds after i punched the pedal for it to actually rap out. And on the highway if i punched gas i would get sputter feeling. Mine was caused by old distributor/plugs/plug wires. Replaced them and everything was fine.
How about the Ignition coil? If I remember right, it cost me about 70 bucks. After I replaced that, the idle on my 92 GT was smooth as silk.

· Registered
8,927 Posts
CCK91EGT said:
Thanks for the advice! High idle fixed, don't ask!! Hesitation/sputtering still ongoing. After starting to drive down the road the car sputters for approx 3-5 seconds. Press the pedal and nothing happens, then something? kicks in and car acts normal and this issue does not come back until car is shut off and started again. Very intermittent problem. Any ideas?? Thanks.
Yep my 92 GT did that same thing too...I never figured out the problem, never got a CEL either.

It's still doing it to Brian, Maybe the o2 sensor needs to be replaced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.