FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just ordered some driving lights and I would like to wire them right into the high beams for better visibility. How many watts can you run through the stock wire before you start having to worry about melting wires. My headlamps have 65w sylvania silverstar ultras in them and the driving lamps will have 55w H3 bulbs in them. I have searched all over the place and can't find an answer on if the wire can handle it. If it can't I will just run a heavier wire. How far back in the circuit would I have to run the new wire if I have to go that route? Could I get away with just going back as far as the first fuse?

If there is a better way to wire them up so that the driving lights are only on when my high beams are on then I am all ears.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
You should put your high and low beams on relays. You could tie your fog lights to the high beam relay circuit or preferably add a third relay. You will notice brighter lights too.

Here's a company that sells a relay kit but you can find the 12v relays and wire harnesses everywhere
http://www.madelectrical.com/catalog/rly-1.shtml

1 - 3 of 3 Posts