FEOA Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got 17's with 215/45/17 tires on them and they rub on the shocks and rear wheel well when i turn has anbody had this problem

·
Registered
242 Posts
Tires

There is an excellent post on Tires in the archives: for 16's 195/50 or 205/45... for 17's, front 215/40, and rear 205/40... anything larger requires some vehicle modification. I would talk to whomsoever sold you.

·
Registered
680 Posts
You need to roll the rear fender lips upwards.You could use broom stick or bat while someone moves back and forth with the car or you can just cut them out.What did you do with your old rims and did you take pics of the new ones?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
only asking because i got the aas body kit and it sits a pop can high off the ground after kits installed with 14's on it wont be abel to go up driveways at some stores

·
Registered
680 Posts
You hold the bat up in the fender well and against the tire and have someone drive back and forth with it.Those are some nice rims and tires.I never have had kuhmo tires but alot of people say good things about then.I am a michelin man thats the only rubber that touches my rims on my cars.They are a little pricey for some but are great tires.I wish michelin made the hydroedge in a 205/40/16 since thats the size rim i am going with.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I believe they would but you would still rub.Just make sure that your speedo isnt going to be way off.It is stupid ford that decided for us to have a lip at the rear fender well.One way for you not to rub is to cut them out and fiberglass some fender flares on all for corners.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i folded that lip up on the rear fenders already with the tires that are on there when i turn i hear it rub in the back

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
if you're careful you can just cut the lip off the rear fender as well, leave it the same flat shape, just cut the lip that sticks inward... someone on here has done this and said it works great... now, if you are rubbing on the strut you will also need ot pick up some wheel spacers to push the tires away from the strut, but that will also require more clearance from the fender, Flares are gonna be the best bet.

·
Registered
680 Posts
smoke187 said:
i folded that lip up on the rear fenders already with the tires that are on there when i turn i hear it rub in the back
Are you still on your stock struts?I still have mine and I had a broken spring and my 195/60/14's rubbed but I dont have the lips folded up.I dont know if it still rubs since I changed out the broken spring.I am using now my winter stock 14's and it doesnt rub.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts