FEOA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 1.9L LX MT, I was driving down the road in 5th gear then there was a big jolt like i ran something over. now the car can't go into any gear from neutral except 5th. If anyone can help me it would be great.

·
Registered
927 Posts
crimsonblade said:
I have a 94 1.9L LX MT, I was driving down the road in 5th gear then there was a big jolt like i ran something over. now the car can't go into any gear from neutral except 5th. If anyone can help me it would be great.
How many miles on the car/trans?
Have you noticed any clutching problems up to this point?
Something let go...we just need to figure out what! 8O

·
Registered
230 Posts
Jolting Experience

I just HAVE to ask the ultimate dumb transaxle question..... did your speedometer quit working along with that jolt ? Does it go into reverse along with the 5th gear but nothing else ?
I think you need to go to the DRIVETRAIN forums and look up my old post on TRANSMISSION TROUBLESHOOTING.
It kind of sounds to me like a possible speedometer plastic gear coming off, going into some gears ( causing the ' jolt ' ) and then the parts going down into the case bottom gumming up the action of the shifter linkage
( see pix in that post )
Or... some other part doing a similar thing. If that is the case then your trans may still be okay but you would have to take it out and dump it upside down and see if you can get all the junk out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts