FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright i really need help quick. I was driving to work today and just as i am pulling into the parking lot the car starts shaking. When i get in after work hoping that it would just have gone away it starts again. I am forced to drive it home or stay there so on the way home i am driving and i notice that it gets a little better the higher the rpms are. All of my fluids are full and i really have no idea what is wrong so if anyone knows what it could be PLEASE HELP because i need this car to work so i can get to school and work. Thanks all.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Be more specific....
Is the entire body shaking??
Is the steering wheel shaking??
Is there any engine knocking??
Does the car sputter when you drive??
Any loss in power??
Do you hear a grinding noise??

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The whole car is shaking and there is a reall loss of power. I dont hear any knocking but it almost feels like it is going to die. Also it is one of the first days that it is starting to get really cold.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am going to have my friend take me to get new spark plugs and wires and see if that helps any. Hopefully it will fix it.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Fuel lines could be frozen.
Car could be running too rich...almost to the point where it´s flooding.
Might have a dead cylinder.

Could be any number of things.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
sounds easy but I put a new dist. cap on my scort this past summer. Everytime I would nail the throttle the no. 3 spark plug wire would blow off the cap and the car would misfire. Had the same symptoms your naming. Plugs are a good thing to switch out if one is fouled, but wires might not be it. I would take yoru cap off and look at the rotor too. Its possible that moisture in the cap causes a little too much corrosion on the inside of the cap causing you to misfire. Make sure your wires are on tight, and check your valve cover for an oil leak down by the sparkplugs.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i put new cap,rotor,plugs and wires on the good old egt and it fixed the problem. There was some moisture in the cap and the plugs were all white on the ends where they spark. I ended up spending $68 on all of the stuff but i neded to do it anyway. Thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
It was white ?!?! Sounds like you´re with me with problems. A white "powdered" look is an indication of combusting too hot, or running lean.

Grab an old plug and look the white electrode, if its pitted or looks like it has dimples...you´re running too lean.

A good used plug should have a brownish look to it.

Mine reek with probs. My ceramic piece is pitted, the electrode is white as ever, and around the ceramic is a dark ring of carbon from running too rich.

My EGT´s indicate I´m running lean, but the back of my car is covered in carbon deposits from being rich.

I need a genius to help me with it.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Almost forgot, It appears that you were actually misfiring. Now you can pass the knowledge of describing a misfire to others in the future....all in all, glad to see you solved your problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts