FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how can i use fiberglass?...am kinda new to this material and i want to use it cause my hood scoop keeps on cracking....i used bondo to stick the hood scoop there and i bondo weekly and am getting tired of it.....anyway i just can't ditch the hood scoop cause there is a hole underneath it and its at the middle.....anyway how do i use fiberglass and what are the raw materials for it...procedures too....anything will be greatly appreciated....

·
Registered
222 Posts
Don't go overboard with the hardner when you mix it. It may cause it to crack easier later on down the road.

You have to cut the cloth and dip it in the resin mix. Then lay it on or inside the hood scoop and squeegee it down. Sand it when it dries. You may have to add more resin. If you can do this from underneath the scoop you won't have to worry abut how it looks.

I'd practice on something first. Also get some ruber gloves and maybe some acetone/finger nail polish remover.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks....i'll do that as soon as i get my eski back....its at maaco right now getting some color...thanks....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts