FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
crud im stuck, my 92 protoge sucks at gas mileage right now...n i dont know what else to check....ive done tune up..still no change, ive replaced the 02 sensor still no change...what could cause this car to crap out so badly with gas....it cant also be my driving habits..cuz i baby this car really badly...n i dont drive around too much cuz i use the BART ...

·
Registered
822 Posts
well, have you noticed a loss of power? how is your air to fuel ratio? is it somehow burning way too rich? ummmmm is there somehow tons of extra resistance/friction in some kind of moving part on your car..... change brake fluid? ummmm what about your wheel bearings? are they starting to go bad? how is your engine running really? my car started to run rough after about 2700 miles, then i changed my oil, and it ran smooth as crap down a water slide. maybe there's something wrong in the transmission area? try checking the tranny fluid i guess. maybe think about Slick 50. i'm honestly thinking about switching over to ALL synthetics, and maybe adding slick 50 to my tranny. not sure yet, but i want my engine and transmission to be protected as best it can, and with as little damaging/efficiency robbing friction as possible.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
If my memory serves, it's the TEN terminal to GND, then read the blinkenlightzen for the code (repeats 3 times), then look it up in the Haynes/Chilton/whatever.

it's getting colder too, which tends to make cars use a little more fuel.

--sarge

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
First thing I did with my 91gt beater car was, oil and oil filter, pvc valve, spark plugs, plug wires, air filter, fuel filter, o2 senser, crank case breater filter (the tube going to the intake was cracked and I had a extra filter laying around) and a fuel pump asembley because mine was leaking from the return line at the top of the asembly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts