FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new here (bows). Nice to see they finally have a site for us 'Scort owners to visit. Great stuff here.
I do however have one question. I just bought 5 1/4 Kenwood door speakers (for the fronts) and they're WAY off. Every site I've seen said that the fronts are set for 5 1/4 speakers. There IS a little flap of metal that is bend downward facing the inside of the door. If I were to bend that back, is there any possibility of accomplishing this, or should I just go back and buy 6" or 6 1/2" speakers. Has anyone here ever done this sucessfully? The speakers do sound great the way they are, but right now, they are being held in by one screw (since the holes don't line up)..."Oh THERE'S a F**kin surprise"- Joe Pesci (My Cousin Vinny).
Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks...

-Pete

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RedIntake said:
I used 5 1/4 Blaupunkts in my doors. They fit fine. Is your vehicle an LX?
Yeah, it's an LX. I snuck the 6 1/2 Kenwood's in there last night. The tweeters did stick out slightly, but you really can't tell.

Another question (off topic). The 92 Scort LX didn't come with a passenger side mirror. Can I put a GT power one on there and just not connect the power? I mean, would it line up correctly?

-Pete

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
You could put the LX power ones on, I know that... I don't know anything about the GT's other than they're faster (the car... not the mirrors... although I guess it's possible)! LOL!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts