FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently acquired a 89 lx 1.9 two door with 39k original miles. I`ve had to do a few things to it as it was my Grandmas and has been sitting for awhile. Batt, coil, brakes, and it has some exhaust problems which need to be fixed.

I`ve been having some cooling probs, ie water pump and have posted in the 1st gen section about that.

I found your site and have found it to be very helpful, just wanted to stop in and say hello to all.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
On an '89 that has been sitting a while be sure you change that timing belt when you do the water pump. With that number of miles on a 20 year old car it's likely the belt has never been changed. I just bought an '88 about 3 weeks ago with 78K miles on it. I've got to get the timing belt changed on it too. If you're having cooling issues you should probably drain the cooling system and back flush it to get any rust and other contaminants out of it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.