FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heated mirrors... is it possible, if anyone has done it, can they get a how to? I have a remote start do I don't have to worry bout the frost and stuff on the windows, but today I let the car heat up, went ot drive, and then remembered DAMN.. and there was nothing I could do, because I was already gonna be late for work.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I doubt any of other car's models would fit... But, :idea: wouldnt it be possible to get some of the back windshield defrost resistor lines, glue them on the mirrors, and hook-up to 12 V? Would be nice if they sold them by feet... u choose the length, zig-zag on the mirror, and solder a wire at its end..

The other option is to drive sufficiently fast so as NOT to need ur mirrors :twisted:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hah! I was thinking about this earlier because my mirrors were iced up.

I hate it cause I have to scrape them and then that means I have to reset them... and the passenger one's motor makes noise when I push the levers but it doesn't actually move the mirror. :-(

Heated mirrors is definitely a great idea though -- how would we go about doing it? I was thinking of possibly splicing off of the rear defroster's switch so it turns em on and doing the same kinda idea with the strips that heat up.... but it may impair visibility... whats your ideas?

EDIT: I obviously didn't read the replys in this thread before making this reply... I just replied to the topic. Apparently people already thought of pretty much what I was thinking off, so sorry to be redundant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts