FEOA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright. my 91 gt´s headlight casings have probably seen their last days a long time ago. so my question is, if i was to clean them up, how much more light would i have, or would it be easier for a conversion. if so what would be the easiest swap? off of what car. the mounting and wiring i could figure out, but i want to know, what would look the best, and what would all of you like to see done with a conversion?

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
Merkur lights? Good luck getting those on a scort without chopping the crap out of it. Maybe that was a joke :-? .

Anyway, if your lights are the common yellow color, I would suggest sanding and buffing them up. Start with 400 grit and get all the yellow coating off, then go down to 1000 grit and then finish with 2000. Make sure this is wet sanding too cuz it will ruin them if you do it dry. After sanding them back to clear with the 2000 grit, then use rubbing compound on them, and then polishing compound. Finally finish it off with plastic polish to shine em up. It takes a good hour to do both and have them come out looking good. Hope that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts