FEOA Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I think that there is a way to get a 'deck lid' in the back of the my '91 HB. The question I have is, did any of the HB's come with a lid, or are those hooks in the back, next to the speakers, there for show?

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
That is a cargo cover, or a parcel shelf. A deck lid is the trunk lid of a car that has a trunk, such as a sedan. IIRC the cover in question was standard on even the lowest HB version throughout the entire 2nd gen run. Someone can hop in and correct me here. Even if i your car did not come with one, it does fit, so check your junkyard.

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
Hoodzy said:
my cargo cover rattles intensily
i removed it the day i got my car
I put a strip of self-stick foam on each side edge of mine and no more rattle. Also the soft side of velcro would work good.

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
black93scort said:
where all do you put the padding to get it to stop rattling?
Along the side edges where the cover rests on the plastic.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok thanks.

Well, I'm putting some 5"x7"s back into the speaker compartment as I need the space. Plus, I've got 4 6" subs (take up 39"x19"x7") in the back, but I want to elevate 2 of them so that I can more properly hear the bass while driving (the back seats kill the sound). And thus eliminating 2 subs, getting more hatch space.

Getting a cargo cover, and modifying it, so that it only holds the subs is my solution. I need that space.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts