FEOA Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dave94lx(at cardomain.com) who made the 2.0 swap into a 94 said he had fuel problems. i cannot get in touch with him to find out exactly what they were and how he fixed them. i am wondering if anyone has made the swap to OBDI and if so how it went and what problems they ran into (fuel, sensors, ect.) Im trying to make this swap as soon as possible. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
RYAN

·
Registered
385 Posts
Talk to wickedwagon2 he just did this swap in to his LX, and it's not a 96 so he can hepl you, he last had the same engine in his tracer wagon before he put it in his LX, so he will know for sure.

He's always on the site, so gettin a hold of him is very easy.

JustinGT :twisted:

·
Premium Member
8,421 Posts
Tammy, Irish Boy, Dave 94, Crankor, some guy with Auto Pony....cant remember.....

Tammy's car had the same problems as daves, than tammy used the 97 fuel system (rail, injectors, FPR) and put the split ports butterfly back in, that solved the problem.

·
Registered
111 Posts
yes i have done the 2.0l swap twice now. as for proablems the only thing i have every once in ahwile is at idle it jumps around alittle, but thats it. i used mostly everything i could from the 1.9l as sensors goes. pacesetter header, holley adjustable fuel regulator, accel coil, cai, i removed the butter flies from the housing and did some port work in ther also, did some port work on head and header intake and throttle body. the car runs extreamly well. as for fuel proablems ive had none. like i said the only issue ive had is the idle spikes. thats it. if ya need anything else let me know!

·
Premium Member
8,421 Posts
wickedwagon2 said:
holley adjustable fuel regulator, i removed the butter flies from the housing
Me, Crankor and Tammy's SPI gets a lot more low end power with the butterflys still in use. Next time give them a try.

Why did you need a A-FPR? Both the 1.9 and 2.0 use the same fuel psi and 19# injectors.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
you have to use either an engine from a 97 model year, or your old 1.9 fuel rail/fpr with teh later year SPI.

there are only 4 sensors which differ between OBDI 1.9s and the 2.0.

- Coolant temp sensor
- Coolant temp switch
- intake air temp sensor
- oxygen sensor

all the rest are the same, cam pos, crank pos, of course the idle air control valve is different, hell it was changed maybe half a dozen timse in teh 2nd gens... but you get the idea. not a whole lot needs to be re-used.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts