FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just the other day i found an ho motor laying in a yard rotting. i immediatley yanked the header. yay. after examining the intake manifold, comparing it to the stock 1.9, and discovering the ports are HUGE, i decide to grip it up too. i tried to stick it on my 1.9, but im currently having a coolant passage problem..... :roll: anyway my question is has anyone ever done this, and i DID use the search button. my other question is after i get the intake and exhaust ports on my 1.9 gasket-port-matched, will my stock ignition system still function properly? thanx

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
The only issues I've heard about it is that if you swap it on the stock 1.9 SEFI, the HO intake manifold is taller and won't allow the hood to close properly.

How well did you clean the gasket surfaces before you swapped the manifolds? Those passages have to be very smooth to seal tightly. Also, I'm assuming you put a new intake manifold gasket in.

As for you ignition system working, you didn't swap the heads, so your ignition system should be fine.

Matt 8)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kewl, thanks for the response. actually theres a coolant passage on the rear drivers side of the head that the ho intake manifold won't cover up. i'm going to make a gasket matched plate to cover it up. do you know by chance what size our injectors are? i've read 18 but i think i saw 24lb too. thanks

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
beastscort said:
kewl, thanks for the response. actually theres a coolant passage on the rear drivers side of the head that the ho intake manifold won't cover up. i'm going to make a gasket matched plate to cover it up. do you know by chance what size our injectors are? i've read 18 but i think i saw 24lb too. thanks
1.9's are 15lbs
Late 2.0's are 19lbs

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
this coolant passage thing is a known issue.. well, it used to be known when ERDT was around. you could have searched on it and known ahead of time if the site wasnt gone.

youve got the right idea, most ppl that tried this used a custom fabbed block off plate, or tapped threads into the coolant hole and threaded a pipe plug into it.

the HO intake flows nicer than the stock SEFI intake (but looks way less cool), but it is ultra heavy and a touch too tall to clear the hood right unless you hack the underneath supports.

some ppl said the car lost ALL low end power with this intake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.