Premium Member
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
That blows. what jackas*es...

I feel a lawsuit pending already.

I guess the contract they signed with Ebay didn't mean anything to them, but with the contracts they make customers sign, it's a life or death sorta thing. Stupid car dealerships. I hate them more now than I ever did.

Stupid Nissan too. :x

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
As long as the dealer doesn't take the customer's money.. they don't have to sell the car at any price. It sucks that the guy really thought they'd let it go for that, but the seller can back out at any time.

Okay, well, they may not have the legal right to just back out.. but the problem comes down to what happens next.

1) Ebay can cancel their account

2) ... what else can be done?...

You see, the problem is, he can take the dealer to civil court.. but he has no damages to speak of. It's a breach of contract, but it didn't do him any harm, so a judge couldn't charge the dealer with any damages. He's spent nothing and lost nothing.

Really, I think it's just a lot of bitching and whining over wanting something he can't afford. I think it's funny that in his statement he says "I've been in the market for a STi or an Evo." Talk about some bullshit.. if he's truely in the market then he should be talking to his Mitsubishi dealer.

·
Registered
750 Posts
not to contradict what you said, but my first car, which happend to be Mitsubishi Galant went kaput at about 263xxx. so if your going performance then yea id say their build quality sucks, but if you go for reliablity and just everyday driving they are decent. BUt this is just my two cents

·
Registered
750 Posts
well i know that clutches are weak in the mitsu's, hell my new gf has a GS-T...i like it alot. But thats besides the point, i know that mitsus suck for performance, but just plain old simple transportation i think their the way to go. But then again this is my idea, not yours so take it as you will. And ive been in a fast WRX, id buy a subaru before a mitsu. No doubt.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Beaverboy said:
As long as the dealer doesn't take the customer's money.. they don't have to sell the car at any price. It sucks that the guy really thought they'd let it go for that, but the seller can back out at any time.

Okay, well, they may not have the legal right to just back out.. but the problem comes down to what happens next.

1) Ebay can cancel their account

2) ... what else can be done?...

You see, the problem is, he can take the dealer to civil court.. but he has no damages to speak of. It's a breach of contract, but it didn't do him any harm, so a judge couldn't charge the dealer with any damages. He's spent nothing and lost nothing.

Really, I think it's just a lot of bitching and whining over wanting something he can't afford. I think it's funny that in his statement he says "I've been in the market for a STi or an Evo." Talk about some bullshit.. if he's truely in the market then he should be talking to his Mitsubishi dealer.
Actually beaverboy, you were hitting close to the correct verdict. In statutes of law, contract laws say this.

Any contract that is over the amount of $500 must be written. Since the setup of Ebay entails that the dealership was going to sell the car and the customer was going to purchase it. that is a contract. In the court of law,
Any legal contract is under the judicial branch enforced by a judge and cannot be overthrown. The only way it can be over thrown is if there is a unilateral mistake. meaning both parties were confused as to the deal. But the bilateral mistake the dealership made will not justify and the court would make the dealership carry out the contract. Therefore the dealership will infact have to give up the car for the 26k. But, if the customer does do the lawsuit, then chances are they will settle out of court just like Pepsi did that year when the guy sent in 1,000,000 pepsi points expecting a Harrier. He actually settled for a car.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Ahhh. So, the courts could order that the dealership deliver a "comparible car" for the price if the dealership had already sold the original car? That's pretty cool.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad this has worked out for the guy.. the dealership should have made a higher reserve price if they didn't want a gamble and all eBay winning bids should be honored. I just figured the guy needed to get on with his life... glad I was wrong.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts