FEOA Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay just wondering if you could buy the gtx motor and just remove all the stuff from it need to turbo your car. Cpuld you use the stock ecu then or.. . ? just seems easier to me if can be done

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well I mean if you took the turbo stuff off could you keep the stock harness and all that other stuff. I dont know anything about turbos so just asking, pardon me if its a dumb question. Just seem like less the hassle if it could be done like that

·
Premium Member
8,139 Posts
less of a hassle? lets do the math here.

take off two intake manifolds and put one back on. one manifold is still in an engine bay. then replace one to the engine bay. that time spent alone you could have your gt motor out and on the floor.

take off two exhaust manifolds and put one back on. then pull off the oil pan. then the heater core line on the front of the block. and swap over to your gt motor. at this point your gtx in in the car and you could just be rewiring it.

oh wait we forgot the tranny issue. once you start boosting your OEM high mileage clutch is going to slip like a foot on a bannana peel. so then you will need to drop your tranny and re-do that all in like 3-4 weeks after the swap is all done.

or you can swap in a gtx using the gt hareness in about 15 hours if you plan it.

NEUMAN

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
^ agreed. after having swapped out a BP for a BPT in GTscorts car, paying $1150 for a GTX just so you can take the turbo parts off of a 30-40k mile engine and put them on a 150k mile engine is a waste of time in a human life.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hw hard is to find the other parts you need to make it complete bedies the engine? What all is involved. Like I said I dont crap about turbos for except the ram air into the engine causing horsepower gain

·
Registered
465 Posts
black93scort said:
Hw hard is to find the other parts you need to make it complete bedies the engine? What all is involved. Like I said I dont crap about turbos for except the ram air into the engine causing horsepower gain
do yourself a favor and educate yourself. search these forums and the rest of the internet and *gasp* read

you're not going to turbocharge your car without " knowing crap" about turbos

[/i]

·
Registered
283 Posts
wait.. how hard is it to find parts to turbo ..thats what your asking right?.well lets say its hella hard to find parts...if you have the patients to search and buy.. its kool, but for me finding parts to turbo my car is pretty hard n expensive.....

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dont plan on it anytime soon and if I did I wouldnt do it myself anyways. I was just asking a simple question for future reference

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
GTScort said:
black93scort said:
do yourself a favor and educate yourself. search these forums and the rest of the internet and *gasp* read

[/i]
He doesn't know crap, thats why he's ASKING questions.

I'm sure if he searches he'll find more posts like this that don't help anybody, let alone the reputation of the board.

·
Registered
465 Posts
James92Scort said:
GTScort said:
black93scort said:

[/i]
He doesn't know crap, thats why he's ASKING questions.

I'm sure if he searches he'll find more posts like this that don't help anybody, let alone the reputation of the board.
http://www.feoa.net/modules.php?name=Fo ... pic&t=7266

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=tu ... gle+Search

amazing, I brought up a wealth of information in all of... 10 seconds.

if he was asking very specific questions, I would agree with you. However, he hardly understands the concept behind a turbo when the information is readily available.

I'm at the library now, but I have more links at home that I used when learning about my swap... that may be helpful to you.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
James what information did you provide in this topic that has helped this individual learn anything?

........ ..... .....

yeah, my point. i agree with GTscort, generalized questions can gain their answers through ultra easy web-searches.. now if he was asking a specific question like what A/R trim compressor to use on his newly imported GTR manifold that would incorporate a 2.25" outlet, thats different.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
PonyExpress said:
James what information did you provide in this topic that has helped this individual learn anything?
Look, I'm not going to turn this into a pointless arguement thread. I would have left this thread alone had GT not come in here being sarcastic. There is no point to flaming someone because they asked, regardless if it's generalized or not.

Now, if i had any information to give him I would, but I'm just trying to get people to stop with the attitudes when they stumble across a topic that could be searched or could be found out without asking. You coming in here and specifically targeting me is a little bit like the pot calling the kettle black.

Just try to help the guy the best you can or leave the thread alone. There's no need for inane sarcastic attitudes running rampant through a TECH forum when a TECH question is asked. I don't see why that's so difficult to do.

·
Registered
283 Posts
well ill help u out...if i get pretty sucessfull with my turbo. ill tell yah my mistake and my victory after im done...also dont forget... once u slap in a turbo u need to upgrade your fuel system and ignition sys..proly a MSD retard timing as i recall..i recommend u going around junkyards looking for some small stuff..dont neglect the starion if u find one go look in front n see if they have a FMIC...try to pocket small stuff u need to turbo. as for the big parts to to spend on that more first so u wont have to worry about it in the future.big expensive items then inexpensive parts. well good luck..n o yah dont spend too much on looks keep your car as simple as a sleeper XD

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay I know how to use the search button but I didnt think anyone has asked this exact question. Its okay if theres sarcastic people or people who just feel the need to insult people because I know there are nice and very helpful people on this board. I dont see whats so hard about just ingoring the wuestion instead of making a mean comment. I didnt ask how to turbo my car in the first place I simply asked if you could just take the turbo stuff off the gtx and put on the stock engine. I figured it be the turbo and a few pipes but like I said I dont know anything about turbos.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
you can do that.

but if you already have a GTX your swaping parts off of just so you dont have to pull your motor out. witch is not that hard to do. then your making more work for your self. why dont you just put the GTX engine in.

does that answer your question?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts