FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i know some of you may have seen this posted in the engine tunning section, but now I just need to know the parts I will need to mount a GTX in my '94 (that snot a GT). I heard you will need GT parts, does anyone know which ones or any other parts?

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
errr... don'T wanna contradict anyone... but actually, except for the engine harness and ecu, which I'm using the GTX, I used all my parts from an automatic... including the main wire harness... only needed to tinker with two wires in the tranny plugs so the ignition would think the clutch is always depressed, and the only thing not working YET is my backup lights... but I've figured it out, just haven't had time to do it...

now, this is pure speculation for this next paragraph, but even if you did use an automatic GT engine harness and ecu, I don't see why it wouldn't work.... plus, you wouldn't have to change the GTX throttle body to get the 3-wire TPS to hook up to your mtx GT... the GTX and automatic GT use the same TPS... I think it would actually be easier... no?

well, anyways, we'll know for sure soon, as I'm giving up the GTX ecu and harness, and the only GT stuff I can find are from an automatic.. so I'll keep you posted in the next few weeks... ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts