FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so GTscort and I put a GTX in his 94GT. I didnt get a chance to drive the car after we had finished the swap because it wouldnt start with the rip-off ECM.

so he came by my place today.. and i got to drive it.

holy wow mother of all that is boosted! now ive driven boosted cars before, some stock DSMs, lots of turbocoupes, a turbo ranger..

but nothing compares to the GTX in a 2400lb car. full boost at 3000 and its all over from there.. gone, psh vroom goodbye.

needless to say, after i pay for classes and whatnot, tihs spring/summer I MUST have turbo in my GT.. must must must this is without question!

oh, and the GTX is stock at 9psi FMIC, DSM bypass valve small 2-2.25" exhaust pipe and the throttle is kinda sloppy. and its STILL wicked.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,143 Posts
9psi boy i hated it. i have ran 14/15 since day one. but when my MBC broke i had to run 9/10 for a few days it licked! once you go up its hard to come down. right now my car is acting funny tho its leaning out weird. but its still faster then most cars i park next too.

NEUMAN
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
724 Posts
neuspeedescort said:
9psi boy i hated it. i have ran 14/15 since day one. but when my MBC broke i had to run 9/10 for a few days it licked! once you go up its hard to come down. right now my car is acting funny tho its leaning out weird. but its still faster then most cars i park next too.

NEUMAN
with no FMIC you can get neer 20 PSI out of the vj20 :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,262 Posts
jacob is runnin water injection... no ic i believe, i dont know much about it so i will refrain from sounding like a retard by speaking more on the subject.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jeff is right, turbo both cars! lol.

well james, i'd ideally like to just get a real GTX for a number of reasons.. mostly ease if install. Plus its much lower mileage than my bpze.

even though my car does run like brand new.. i think i would have a hard time buying all the parts i needed for a direct no hassle swap.. id rather write one check and be done with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
PonyExpress said:
so GTscort and I put a GTX in his 94GT. I didnt get a chance to drive the car after we had finished the swap because it wouldnt start with the rip-off ECM.

so he came by my place today.. and i got to drive it.

holy wow mother of all that is boosted! now ive driven boosted cars before, some stock DSMs, lots of turbocoupes, a turbo ranger..

but nothing compares to the GTX in a 2400lb car. full boost at 3000 and its all over from there.. gone, psh vroom goodbye.

needless to say, after i pay for classes and whatnot, tihs spring/summer I MUST have turbo in my GT.. must must must this is without question!

oh, and the GTX is stock at 9psi FMIC, DSM bypass valve small 2-2.25" exhaust pipe and the throttle is kinda sloppy. and its STILL wicked.
would you recommend it for the 3rd gen? Is this s direct bolt on engine or did you run into problems while swapping the engine. How about the tranny? will just bolt right up to the SPI tranny? thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
mobman said:
PonyExpress said:
so GTscort and I put a GTX in his 94GT. I didnt get a chance to drive the car after we had finished the swap because it wouldnt start with the rip-off ECM.

so he came by my place today.. and i got to drive it.

holy wow mother of all that is boosted! now ive driven boosted cars before, some stock DSMs, lots of turbocoupes, a turbo ranger..

but nothing compares to the GTX in a 2400lb car. full boost at 3000 and its all over from there.. gone, psh vroom goodbye.

needless to say, after i pay for classes and whatnot, tihs spring/summer I MUST have turbo in my GT.. must must must this is without question!

oh, and the GTX is stock at 9psi FMIC, DSM bypass valve small 2-2.25" exhaust pipe and the throttle is kinda sloppy. and its STILL wicked.
would you recommend it for the 3rd gen? Is this s direct bolt on engine or did you run into problems while swapping the engine. How about the tranny? will just bolt right up to the SPI tranny? thanks
No, yes for a 91-96 GT, yes for a 91-96 GT, no.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
39,324 Posts
Jeffescortlx said:
Jason, you just have to turbo both of your car's. :D

marclar said:
question... why would you run no IC?
Did'nt you run no IC when you first turbo'd the 1.9?
uuuuuhhhhh..... well... :roll: yes.. actualy i did. and i also went thru 2 motors, not including the spi.(which its been a year since the swap and had no problems) i also remember watching my water and oil temp go above 220* while boosting with no ic.. reguardless of water injection or not... you MUST HAVE A INTERCOOLER IF YOUR FORCE INDUCTING YOUR MOTOR.. even if its small and tiny, every little bit helps.

since i put the ic in, the temp never goes above 190, noticed a massive increase, and to top it off, there is condonsation on my ic after boosting.. how about that?

viva la intercoolerage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
putting the GTX in a 3rd gen wouldnt be TOO hard.. no harder than putting in a zetec or a 1.8 BP from a gt.

engine and GT tranny would bolt in, engine bay wiring harness is so easy to remove and install its not even funny.

only problems would be getting the dash stuff and the fuel pump wires and all that crap that plugs into the engien aby harness figured out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
PonyExpress said:
putting the GTX in a 3rd gen wouldnt be TOO hard.. no harder than putting in a zetec or a 1.8 BP from a gt.

engine and GT tranny would bolt in, engine bay wiring harness is so easy to remove and install its not even funny.

only problems would be getting the dash stuff and the fuel pump wires and all that crap that plugs into the engien aby harness figured out.
hmm if the GT tranny bolts right in, the GTX should too, its practically the same engine plus a turbo setup.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,421 Posts
marclar said:
Jeffescortlx said:
Jason, you just have to turbo both of your car's. :D

marclar said:
question... why would you run no IC?
Did'nt you run no IC when you first turbo'd the 1.9?
uuuuuhhhhh..... well... :roll: yes.. actualy i did. and i also went thru 2 motors, not including the spi.(which its been a year since the swap and had no problems) i also remember watching my water and oil temp go above 220* while boosting with no ic.. reguardless of water injection or not... you MUST HAVE A INTERCOOLER IF YOUR FORCE INDUCTING YOUR MOTOR.. even if its small and tiny, every little bit helps.

since i put the ic in, the temp never goes above 190, noticed a massive increase, and to top it off, there is condonsation on my ic after boosting.. how about that?

viva la intercoolerage.
Your high coolent temp's where not caused because your did'nt have a intercooler. Your engine was running hot because at the time you had no fuel managment, you where booting lean that caused EGT to jump up to about 1700º and your pistons were ready to melt.
The charge temp should'nt change the engine coolent temp.

A intercooler is'nt a requirement for low boost. There are many factory turbo charged car's that rolled of the factory floor with out a IC.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top