FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there any advantages to adjusting the original air flow meter?

i know you can get the rx7 vaf, but i wanted to know if the stock gt vaf can be adjusted.

anybody...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive heard there are ways to adjust the B code vaf, wouldnt it be the same to adjust the one on the gt?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Yep, you can adjust both. They're almost identical in construction, only that the B-type RX-7 VAM is scaled up. Mind you, I know from experience that the VAM on the EGT is the SAME SIZE as the one on the FESTIVA.

I was shocked to find this out. I laughed. I cried.

But yea... you adjust the notch that the spring thing sets in to shift the air/fuel curve up or down. I shifted mine down so I run a leaner mix. I'm running the RX7 VAM btw.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
siragan said:
you adjust the notch that the spring thing sets in to shift the air/fuel curve up or down. I shifted mine down so I run a leaner mix. I'm running the RX7 VAM btw.
do you adjust it with the car running?
how would you check the a/f?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
you can adjust it with or without the car running. you use a wideband A/F gauge. If you don't have one of those, (most don't), then you have to bring your car (namely your O2 sensor) up to operating temp, then use a high impedence voltmeter to monitor the output voltage of the O2 sensor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts