FEOA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay Peeps common someone show interest...I need to get a new motor, fix a body panel, get the car painted and just get it running. I really hate to do this but someone jump on it before I think twice please.

Hey,...
I blew an oil line and spun a rod in my motor....eithe way I'm picking up a sponsorship that pays me back for what I spend basically,

so...its time for me to start building a 1.8L. But I have to have some money to get started then my sponsorship will help out after that. So I've decided to part with my turbo (kit essentially).

Here's what I think I'm going to part with:

-IHI VJ20 Turbo
-BPD matching manifold
-BPD matching downpipe
-88' Starion FMIC (already had ends flipped and pressure tested to 30psi)
-TurboXs Type H-RFL BOV (and the pice of pipe with the flange welded to it)
-A'PEXi AVC-R boost controller (its just going to miss the final end harness, because I dont want to butcher it trying to seperate it from my ECU...but it can be ordered from APEXi fairely cheaply)

-Billet Fuel Pressure Regulator 20-100psi (even fab'd custom reducers to run it with stock fuel lines...had to ditch it when I upgraded my lines)

I thought I would make this fun so here's what I'm gonna do:
I'm running this post as a.. FEOA Auction (even though it will be lost when Donnie moves the site). Put up a bid on here of what you're willing to pay for it (kinda like ebay) and we'll see where it goes. I can tell you that for the stuff I'm parting with I spent about 1800....but I know what I need out of it. So put up "suggestions" on what you want to pay for it. If it works for me I'll contact the best bidder and we'll discuss me buying tools (since mine where stolen) to actually get the car in the air and unbolt everything.

btw: With this set up I had a G-meter read me with a 14 sec quarter...at the track wtih fuel problems I hit a 15.2 @ 94mph

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No I dont have a compressor map, but I've found ones that are really close, like a Garret T25. The turbo starts spooling at 2.3k revs and its tapped out pretty hard by 7.2k. Its topend is limited to about one 1bar or so. I did hit 1.1BAR on the scort once, but didnt have enough fuel to support it so it fell on its face.

no donnie, I just want to get a motor that runs together. I'm not going top of the line parts. Not like Gravvy's...more like Adam Christophers build up. Eagle Rods, JE Pistons, bore over, crank scaper, etc.

Okay, I'm not going to sell this part by part, because if I did I wouldnt be able to afford my motor, and other things to keep my sponsorship. Not unless you want to over pay really badly for just one item. Remember I put it up on here to give everyone here a crack before ebay...but if this doesnt work its going to ebay wit a reserve and stuff.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pre-wired ECU ?

I have a spare ECU I can throw in to the deal

but pre-wired ?

Do you mean the AVC-R ahh..no I only have one harness and I spent 500 bucks to have the AFC and AVCR wired up to it (after butchering the harness 3 times trying to do it myself)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
TheBlade said:
Do you mean the AVC-R ahh..no I only have one harness and I spent 500 bucks to have the AFC and AVCR wired up to it (after butchering the harness 3 times trying to do it myself)
ha - sorry for the bad wording. yea, that's what i was referring to. i would want to run pretty much the same setup.. only 500? 8O :D

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah...I butchered the harness so bad that I was told if anything happens to it I have to replace the whole freaking thing...that's why since I'm keeping the SAFC, I wont touch the harness below where the AVCR plugs in. Sorry..just for my protection. Im sure a shop could wire it up for you a lot cheaper, but my job was install both AFC and AVCR and repair the the mess (kinda sorta)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.