FEOA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that the gtx intake manifold bolts right up to the stock GT head and gives a 15-20hp improvement. Is this true? if so where can i get one?
is it the same deal for the GTR intake manifold?

thanks
DAve
91 EGT

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think it does match up, but I'm not sure about the HP's. I think to be effective, you'd have to follow through w/good exhaust system. Also, you'd have to have sufficient air coming in the engine. You can't have one w/out the other. Maybe upgrade your air intake system as well. IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
The GTX intake manifold is more restrictive than the stock GT one so I wouldn't swap it. The GT head is also better than the GTX head. Kinda odd that the better engine has more restrictive parts on it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
probably to reduce emmissions...
so honestly why buy a GTX?? I keep pondering why it happens, when you can turbo and haltech and all that stuff to the less restrictive engine.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Well, you can get the turbo exhaust manifold from corksport that went on a GTX and throw it on your GT (you'd have to tune it with less boost of course because of the higher compression ratio) and make more power than a GTX. :p

·
Registered
451 Posts
The GTX manifold does not have the VICS, they are just single runners. While it may help with low end power, it will not help with mid-high end power, infact it will lose some on a N/A engine.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
I did not know that Darryl. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Would it benefit me in the long run to have a GTX header after I turbo my car, or should I keep with my GT header and keep VICS?

·
Registered
451 Posts
were talking intake manifold not header :)

it depends on if you use the stock ECU or the GTX/GTR ECU. If you use the stock ECU with piggy backs, then stick with the stock manifold and VICS, if running a GTX/GTR or any aftermarket ECU, use the GTX/GTR manifold.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
You can't take the butterfly valves out of the head.

if you could and did you'd have horrible horrible low end acceleration. even worse so than the GT already has.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Yeah. after retiming your engine it has good acceleration but that doesn't mean it's good on the engine.

I'm talking stock, the low end is crappy...which is why you had to mess with timing to get good low end power.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts