FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I wanna put my gt cluster in my lx, and I know its not plug and play, so I wanna re pin the wires and get it pluged in my wires are for a 94 and my cluster is a 91. Does anyone know how the color wires need to go?. I don't have a computer other wise I would search more. And I tried to look in the haynes manual and I got lost in it. But I've also seen some lx's and some wagons at the j.y that have the tach cluster. Would that be plug and play?.

· Premium Member
5,371 Posts
no, tach clusters in a 2nd gen are not plug and play in a non-tach car. You didn't mention in this post that you did a 1.8 swap, but I looked back through your profile and found that you had. You will want to invest in an EVTM manual for 91, or find someone on here that has one. Some of the wiring colors are different from 91-94, so getting the EVTM for 94 wouldn't be a bad idea either. That way you know exactly what each wire is doing, then you can rewire your harnesses to work with the GT tach cluster

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.