FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im doing the rear disk brake conversion on my lx, but im not sure if the brake system is the same or not. by that i mean, does the gt have the same valves, and diagonal breaking set up as my lx? i dont want to put these suckers on and they lock up on me.

·
Registered
15,581 Posts
chadgore said:
ok im doing the rear disk brake conversion on my lx, but im not sure if the brake system is the same or not. by that i mean, does the gt have the same valves, and diagonal breaking set up as my lx? i dont want to put these suckers on and they lock up on me.
I'd start out by looking online at parts lists. If the parts for the two are the same then you don't need it. I suspect that the only difference is the mount points (spindles, etc). rotors and calipers and maybe the brake hoses. I'd use new rotors since new ones are like $17 and used ones are at least $10 and probably need to be turned. I'd probably also put in new bearings. Plenty of people have done the conversion and it's been asked several times, but nobody wants to give their details.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.