FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

I've read up and searched all of the PCV posts around, and I haven't found the answer to my question - help! The elbow on my pcv valve died, and so after buying the stupid FLAPS part (not even close) I ended up just putting some thick vacuum hose on the thing with a couple of hose clamps. Works great.

Unfortunately, the smog check place failed me for the visual inspection (the visual inspection only mind you :mad: ) so I went to Ford and dropped 20 bucks on thew new part. For those who haven't replaced this, it looks like they redesigned the over the top hose routing in favor of a weird complex Z curve thing. Anyway, the new part fits great but the elbow leaks like a sieve! Even a hose clamp on it won't help. Does anyone have any thoughts of what I should try next?

Thanks for the advice,

-Floydilian

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So here is what I did : I got a printout from Ford showing the old and new design. I used some tubing to increase the PCV valve up to the new ID of the PCV hose piece, put some clamps on it. No vacuum leaks anymore!

(just a post for anyone who ever has to replace their PCV valve elbow and gets the whole shebang from the dealership)

-Floydilian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.