FEOA Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been meaning to get a pic of the GT my uncle got off a friend. The paint work is great quality, but I think it's way too much. I love the grill and the headlight covers the guy fabricated.
It took a lot of work on those pieces, the guy made molds and reversed the molds and made cast to make other molds to get the angles and setbacks right. I have a different idea about how I want to do my grill in my GT. I had a spare grill and I did a rough paint job to show what I am going for.
I think if I get a second and cut out the five slashes on the driver's side of grill and transplant them to the pass. side of grill and then bondo or fiberglass and smooth out that it would be the first time I have see this done before. I would love some feedback. I want to talk to my uncle's buddy and see if he could make more grills or sell me his molds.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I did some testing and fitting on the idea of slashes going all the way across the grill. I threw a quick coat of black to smooth out contrasting colors.
I still have to fill, smooth, and finish it, but you get the idea. I was wondering what you guys think, I haven't yet seen a grill quite like this before.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i've thought of doing one like that but never got around to it. now with the pic im undecided, i want to see it on the car.

oh, and i've never liked the rmm grille.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't got it on the car yet. I am still working it smooth and flawless. I hope to have it ready for paint tonight. I am going to take it to the shop that shot the car for finish match. I will post as soon as done.

·
Registered
1998 ZX2
10,070 Posts
Dude, the URL to your pics has to have the .jpg at the end or it won't work. You can't just type in a page with a photo in it.

·
Registered
1998 ZX2
10,070 Posts
The reason pics aren't working is you aren't actually linking to the picture, you are linking to a page that has the picture on it. You need the actual address of the picture file. The address of you first picture file is http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 4728_n.jpg

You put the image markers around that address and you get

·
Registered
1998 ZX2
10,070 Posts
What browser are you using? On Firefox I right click on the image and select copy image location, that will copy the address to your clipboard. Now just paste it where you want it. A host like imageshack will automatically provide you with access to the proper address in a box below the picture but facebook must not do that so you have to get the address the old fashioned way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.