FEOA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both my driver/pass windows are slightly tinted. Anyway i drove by a cop and he flashed his neat little lights at me. Comes up, asked me if a have been smoking pot or drinkin. I say "no sir", lol. This guy was maybe 26 yrs old. Then he looks around,( maybe lookin to see what he can fck me over with) spots my half rolled down window and says "this is a violation buddy, these cannot be tinted, can i have your license/ reg." Comes back, hands me a $115 ticket and says thank you have a nice day. What an ass, this is what i get for having 3 chicks in the car on a sunny day.

Is there anyway i can fight this and not pay anything?

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,867 Posts
I got stopped once for that, but I said no it's not too dark, so he let me go. LOL

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
I got fined probably five times for the tint in my Cougar. The tint on that car was very illegal though.

Each time, they asked if I had been drinking or taking prescription meds.

I always wondered what those things had to do with window tint.

Since I was still in high school / under 18 when these happened, my dad got mad and ripped off all the tint lol

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Onegimp said:
What is your state tint law?
Texas we can have 20% on our fronts.
That's cause it gets hotter than $hit here in the summer. We have one of the least strictest tint laws from what I've heard.

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
TexasTracer said:
Onegimp said:
What is your state tint law?
Texas we can have 20% on our fronts.
That's cause it gets hotter than $hit here in the summer. We have one of the least strictest tint laws from what I've heard.
I know, isn't that nice. I need to get tint on my beater.

·
My old archenemy, RAKES!
6,144 Posts
Here in NJ, you can only tint the backlight/back windows. ANY tint at all on the fronts or front windshield = ticket worthy.

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,867 Posts
I can't remember where I read it, but in some arabian country like Bahrain or some such place, they do have tint laws but you can apply for an exception wherein you are a woman using the car as a substitute for your burka. Then you can get as dark as you want, and you can even do the windshield, but I don't know if you can go as dark as you want there.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
In AZ the law is 33%, although most of the people have darker tint then that but the cops don't say anything since its so hot here. I did get pulled over one time and a cop checked it at 27% The only reason i got bothered was because it must be lonely on the freeway near Yuma, and it was a young rookie cop trying to enforce every law in the book. I did not get a ticket because the middle aged cop handled it after that. He just said yeah its illegal, but barely. technically you need to get it fixed, but I will leave it up to you.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
i have 20% but i always roll my windows all the way down when i see a cop

1 - 14 of 14 Posts