FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
10,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about a month of two ago I decided it was time to trade in the 2005 Chrysler 300 I bought a few years ago. I moved out to BC and my car really wasn't good for the driving I was doing here, and it already needed a fair bit of work for the out of province inspection. After a lot of discussion and looking we traded it in on a 2010 cobalt because of their $5000 off and 0% interest. I got myself into a new with more options and less payments. I'm not a huge fan of the car though, and got bored of it quite quickly so I decided the gf should be driving the cobalt and went for a hunt for another car for myself. After a bunch of looking I stumbled across a 1990 Talon TSI in amazing condition, 2nd owner who had it for 16 or 17 years, maintained amazingly, and they were much older and loved their sports cars. Only selling as they couldn't get in and out of the car anymore. I will have to say this car is probably the most fun I've had in a car in a long time. The turbo spools pretty nicely and it handles amazing! I miss my 300, but I think I made the right decision!

· Registered
771 Posts
oh canada, we love our BEAVER ;)

· Registered
10,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yoda said:
Ugh.....you again....
You're still alive??? Hows the STI treating you? I was looking at some for awhile, but never found one I liked enough in the price range I wanted. There was one apparently selling in Hamilton for like $20,000 with low km and apparently no accidents, but it just seemed to good to be true, and about 4000km too far away.

· Registered
4,926 Posts
Brad, you're right. I guess a bit of patience, and a lot of low blows even out in the end.

Daisy-cakes, the STi is wonderful. I'm extremely glad I bought the car. Never driven anything that handles like it does. Still trying to sell the GTX, though. It's in a good sized car show today locally with a for sale sign in the window. I have a couple guys interested right now too.

· Registered
10,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Brad, on a side note, I have a touch lamp thing here and the touch doesn't work. Do you have any tips on what I should do to fix this lamp up? On top of the touch problem one of the glass panels is held in by an ugly nut and bolt, and another with a butterfly hair clip thing. I don't know why it's in my house, but it has become a necessary light so it's not useless either.

· BYO Plastic cutlery
9,711 Posts
OK doofus, what I picture from your description is somehting my inlaws have on their sidetables. The touch device fails because it is a cheaply made Taiwanese part. It is located in the base. It can be replaced if you think you can do that without burning the neighbourhood down, You can get those modules at Home Despot. But it isn't worth it so in their case I just swapped in a little rotary switch. You have to use a drill to do this so howabout you just throw it out and go back to value village and get another one you cheap bastard.
As for the other question, I don't know what the fuck you are asking me to do.

· Registered
1998 ZX2
9,980 Posts
Any pics of the car?

· Registered
10,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
madmatt2024 said:
Any pics of the car?
Only pic I currently have was of the amazing tape deck with equalizer. I will have some eventually, but I want to wash it and get the minor dents pulled out first.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.