FEOA Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, I ordered em on the 4th, they got here on the 31st...took me 2 hrs to install them, I almost broke my speedo needle, Paul...thanks a lot for that fork idea you had in another thread. that helped Tremendously. I got them installed then realized I have to splice in a power wire. I said screw it and put it on my switch for my amp and then ran the ground to a screw up under the dash on the driver side. These things are BRIGHT as hell, and they beat with the bass from my sub :p

I so wish I had a digi camera...I'd have pics up of them right now. but if you wanna see what they basically look like go to http://www.cardomain.com/id/sleepergtx

·
Registered
618 Posts
James, should I say I'm sorry or you're welcome? In other words, did the fork idea cause you to almost break your needle or did it work good for you? (I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic or not!) :D

Either way, I'm happy for you and your fancy guage faces! I would love to get me some, but I wouldn't have the time to install them. I've still got to install my keyless entry system, and I've had that for like a month now!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah, sure it was a plug, but those gauges and especially that little tool, are part of the "Everything you need to haul ass!" I mean, come on, if he didn't offer that tool, you couldn't truely haul ass, could you? :wink:

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rellimpk said:
James, should I say I'm sorry or you're welcome? In other words, did the fork idea cause you to almost break your needle or did it work good for you? (I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic or not!) :D

Either way, I'm happy for you and your fancy guage faces! I would love to get me some, but I wouldn't have the time to install them. I've still got to install my keyless entry system, and I've had that for like a month now!
sorry now that I read that back, it does sound somewhat sarcastic. I was in no way being sarcastic towards you. The fork idea worked because when I pulled with my fingers i about popped the outer shell off the needle piece that holds it on the wire. :wink:

Matt I was going to buy from you but the gauges (when I looked at them) were around 120 for the set. I got mine for $68 plus 9 shipping. I am getting my exhaust from you, I put 50 in my account yesterday :D

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
93lxsleepa said:
umm james i got a question for u........... right now i got a lx 93 2dr hatch . im puttin a gtx under my hood will those gauges be accurate to accomodate the HP that the engine will produce?
Well, you'll have to get the whole gauge cluster from a GT if you want everything to be accurate. But once you do that and put the gauges in, they will be accurate

A word of advice: DON'T take off the old gauge faces, just put the indiglos over your old ones...right now when mine are on the original bulbs shine over it so it looks blue/orange. Not too bad, but I want full blue. The only problem is I need the lights for my odo, and needles...unless I can get the needles to be indiglo orange. that'd be sweet. Anyway, yeah get the GT gauge pod and you'll be set.

ps sorry this took so long to respond, i was gone all weekend. :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts