FEOA Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found a GT there, it was a 91
all options
well off of it i grabbed
speakers, wipers, shocks that hold the hatch open, shift knob, spark plug wires, and the big score
a drop in K&N filter and they only charged me 26$ total
yea

already cleaned the filter and it is drying as we speak.

· Registered
5,229 Posts
Some take off the resonance tube that runs over the radiator mounts. Some have even cut the bottom out of the box to allow minimum resistance to air as it is pulled through filter. I didn't go that far, but I did remove the R. tube and lower snorkel (it was broken).

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i took off the resonator tube too, im undecided on the snorkel piece that goes to the inner fender though, i may ad a hose from behind the headlight to help direct airflow

· Registered
2,719 Posts
Remove the snorkel. Huge restriction. Small opening at the fender. 90* bend down, then 180* bend up into the airbox. mega-fail.

What kind of plug wires? NGK's?

Oh, if the bumpstops for the hatch were still good, you should grab those too, I believe they are only held in with a single bolt (10mm iirc). As long as the spring isn't rusty/bent grab them.

· Registered
552 Posts
If you go back, dont forget to grab the intake tube and heimholtz resonator. You may even want the VAFM as well. Those are always worth something to someone. If the shifter assembly hasnt dropped, that would be worth something to someone as well I am sure. Finally the automatic seatbelt track and motor are worth their weight in gold if they are in good shape.

Why would you want used spark plug wires though? That would be like taking a used timing belt....

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the plug wires looked like new, and they are way better then my old ones, and the car runs much better now.
most didnt have the seatbelt track, some had the passenger side track, but not many.
but for some reason almost all the cars had the defroster switch....
so i may grab a bunch of those

· Super Moderator
10,567 Posts
bluebronco69: It may be the defroster switches wont 'latch' down when you push on them, so no one bothered to harvest those parts.

I envy your haul of parts - if only you (and that pick-n-pull yard) werent so far from me; at the extreme southeastern tip of Texas. The nearest decent pick-n-pull I have found down here is 250 miles north, in San Antonio.

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats the first thing i looked for was some of the GT specific parts, there was no grille, and the bumper was smashed, front and rear.

atleast one defrost switch did push down and stay, but i didnt have the right tools to remove them
plus i need to find out how, so when i repair mine, i may go back and get a bunch of others to fix and sell

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.