FEOA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts

Evo!!! say it ain't so! What happened to todays youth? Now were all dreaming of rice rockets! Get some good old-fashioned american muscle, the Corvette. No replacement for displacement. I'd rather push a chevy than drive an import

Chris

· Registered
105 Posts

to tell ya the truth, the Evo is the one import that i would ever own. If it were given to me. Otherwise, you'd never see a car in my driveway that was made in japan. (or korea, or china, etc.).

"Camaro Z28 with a 6 sp and a 350" Beauty of a ride, but i'll take a '69 stingray and (not or :) ) my brand new 405 horsepower 0-60 in 4 seconds ZO6.

"But if you want to throw it down in the corners, you're probably gonna get it better from an import."

I'd challenge any car (nevermind import) outside of a porsche GT3 to pull over 1g lateral acceleration.

Of course, i'm using the vette as an example, but if were talking rally, i'll still go with GM or Ford.

I love when i see civics with chinese characters all over it flying the stars and stripes on the antenna :)

Chris
Chris

· Registered
105 Posts

i don't know if i'd trust those rotary engines. I figure, the Piston engine has been around for over a hundred years, and it still has a lot of issues. The rotary engine is fairly new, just imagine the possibilities.

Chris

· Registered
105 Posts

if it's front wheel drive performance i'm after, it's gonna be a pontiac Grand Prix GTP. Stock 260 horse.
I was wondering when i was gonna hear about the ford plants in mexico and canada. When i say "American" i mean it's an american company. When you buy a Ford, the money goes into the American economy (god knows we need the help). With everyone buying honda's and toyota's, were turbocharging Japan's economy. And besides, i just don't see what everyone else sees in Civics.

Sticky tires and a disregard for a comfortable ride will help any passenger car reach or breach the 1.0G limit
And a rocket engine will make any car go 500mph. Say someone modifys the hell out of a car, spends a ridiculous amound of money upgrading pretty much everything. Maybe, if they make the right decisions, they'll get the performance of a stock corvette.

· Registered
105 Posts

your right about horsepower not being the indicative, but your wrong about weight being more important. They're both equally important...hence, Power-Weight ratio, in which the '97 GTP posts similar numbers as a Boxter. Can't quite keep up with a ZO6, but quite enough to burn most modified civics.

Anyway, misfit is absolutly right. I'm feircly pro-domestic, your not so much :). Neither of us will change, which is why we should agree to disagree. Either way (and i'm sure we'll agree on this point), i'd rather see a 14 second civic than a 16 second civic with a bodykit and an ironing board bolted to the trunk :)

Chris

BTW, '95, if i ever see you rice out a corvette, i'll drag you out of it at highway speeds :wink:

· Registered
105 Posts

this thread has found so many different topics. The grandmother thing just came out of nowhere. Anyway, back to the original topic (or at least closer to it than grandmothers), what do you think of these?

chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.