FEOA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
You know most of the BMW's in China and that part of the world are counterfeit, so it's probalby not even a real BMW, right? :\

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
coyote-x said:
You know most of the BMW's in China and that part of the world are counterfeit, so it's probalby not even a real BMW, right? :\
alright, I'll say it. What in the fark are you talking about?

·
Registered
914 Posts
I don't know if you've read about this, but in China, they have factories, you know, that build fake luxury cars, then they smuggle them into other countries and sell them. Mostly third world countries where people are poor and can't afford the real thing. So if you see people driving Cadillac's, BMW's, Mercedes, or anything expensive (Not exactly sure how rich Thailand is, so maybe I'm wrong there, but I'm not wrong on the fact that this is going on.) in that part of the world it's GENERALLY a fake, a counterfeit.

I googled counterfeit cars and this is the first (but not the first I've seen, I've seen tons of stories on this and talked to people who do business there) thing that came up.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4131724/
http://www.iprights.com/publications/ch ... /index.asp
http://www.iprights.com/publications/ch ... uto_02.asp

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Well...i don't want to sound like a party breaker but Oriental countries are not poor at all....one day they'll kick our american ass lol....Japan is economically strong...cities are wicked man....open 24/7...really is amazing..my friend brought me a homevideo of a Lotus Elise racing down some main street...GEEZ ITS HOT :p and China is growing strong too...tanks to their massive cheap laber ....sheesh one day we're all going to be Chinese :p at least i like rice and pork :p

Yes some people are poor in THailand..but a lot of richy rich Japanese business man lives in Thailand cauz it's a wonderful country and the thai girls are mucho hot....so not all the BMW are fake lol ...

·
Registered
914 Posts
Okay, I didn't /say/ Japan... I meant like, China, Indonesia... Etc. :roll: OBVIOUSLY Japan is not a poor country and excluded. Japan's economy is f'ed right now (though it's showing recovery) As far as I know they had terrible inflation for most of the nineties. Korea isn't poor either though and they've been caught doing the same thing... Anywho... Yeah, rich Japanese business men vacation in Thailand, but the majority of the people who live there are pretty poor. However, most counterfeits are marketed as the real thing - so even if they weren't poor, any country with a corrupt enough government is vulnerable. You put a counterfeit on a lot, who's going to know the difference? You could sell it for just as much as the real thing and make a killing. So it's not necessarily just poor countries that are affected. Just those easiest to bribe/fool... And from what I hear, Thailand is damn corrupt.

Though Nike probably has enough money to do whatever they feel like, now that I stop and think about it. Meh.

Why am I even arguing? :roll:

Think I'll throw in some more of these :roll: just for fun.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts