FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I have to get some panels and bumpers off my car, but Im not really sure how the hell to do it. I have to get both bumpers off, and the panel behind the door..not the fender, but the panel under the read window that goes to the tail light. If anyone can help me locate the stuff thats holding these on, please tell me!

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
it's all a series of snap-on parts held in by plastic nail-fasteners.
get out a philips screwdriver and a knife.
pry out every one of those plastic fasteners (there are quite a bit, i never really counted), and unscrew the two screws towards the back of the hatch lip, and unscrew & remove the speakers (four screws each).

then each plastic panel goes out in order from back to middle of the car.
first start with the middle panel, and remove the two on the sides. then the bolts holding on the rear bumper should now be exposed.

it's real easy, and try not to snap or lose any of those haggard lil' plastic fasteners.

note: (this is pretty much a no-brainer [not really sure why im adding this in anyway]) removing the carpeting in the hatch bay will help a bit more.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, thanks. Do you know how to get the back bumper off. I could always rip the thing off..but I dont want to fuck any bolts up. It wouldn't be hard to get some bolts off for it considering half the bumper is missing. Another thing I need to do is take the door off. I don't have anything power for the doors(no power windows, power locks), what do i need to disconnect when I take the door off, and reconnect when i put it back on?

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
there should be four bolts securing the bumper on each side. and just pull away from the car on a level angle.

as for the door, you're still going to have wires to deal with; for speakers. that is a field that i am inexperienced in.
i figure that you push aside the black sleeve that holds the wires, and follow the wires to somewhere where they might connect to. they might not, and you may have to cut and splice wires back together afterwards.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
there are 6 bolts that hold the front and rear bumpers in the front require the removal of your headlights for easier access..and the rear have two bolts on each side on teh inside of the car underneath the trim and one bolt on each side on the outside of the car, underside of the car...hope this helps

Anomalous

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, the rear bumper part helped. I haven't taken my front one off yet. Probably won't until I feel up to it. I'm not looking forward to take off the quarter-panel though..only welding I know how to do is arc-welding and I evidently need a MIG or TIG welder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts