FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Gauge Consol come out ? I have been pulling my dash off slowly 8O Apparently ....its been a 2 week process anyhow I'm getting some new gauges my question is ..Can I pull the hole Gauge Consol out... meaning..... the HOLE thing... also do I need to pull it out before removing the dash ?

Update pics of 3 week project 8O

[/list]

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Yes the hole thing does come out...its a Pain in the @$$ though.

You need to unbold it from the floor and from the firewall via pulling the window defroster vent first. And it bolts to the firewall at the doors. You need to drop the entire steering column and un plug the vents and blower fan harnesses.

Haynes manual doesn't show much, but the Chilton shows more (or maybe I have that backwards).

This is what it should look like out:

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
To put in new gauges you should just have to take off the bezel and the clear cover from over the gauges...of course me and Blade have a GT...and yours is a pony lx, so the bezels are slightly different.

I just felt around till I found all the bolts and then carefully surveyed any mounting pieces sticking out and carefully pulled the bezel out from around it all.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Ive had my guauges in and out about 6 times so far and its only tuesday, Ive gotten really good at unbolting that dumb steering wheel.. Its not a big pain to replace the guagues, But since my "GT" guagues didnt work (not pnp) I had to put my old ones back in, Now the funny thing is that nothing will get right except for the speedo. My fuel guague thinks its suppsoed to read the black area instead of its own place, and the temp guage does the same thing, I cant fix them, Ive tryed diffent things, dosnt help. got any suggestions? I can get this done in 15 min or less if need be. I really need my temp guage working right, the car over heats alot (when idleing)

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
before you took your gauges out, did you mark where the needles were sitting???? I know my temp gauge is still a bit off, but my speedo and tach are within a few mph/rpm of where they're supposed to be.

If not then you're gonna need to have them professionally recalibrated by a shop.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
I tryed that and it dont work, my fuel guage was taunting me this morning, It was play the the spinning game, I looked like a loone yellin at it, Plus I was swervin and stuff. So pro time it is then

·
Registered
135 Posts
im almost done all my dash work now i just have to do the middle console.. advice comin from me would be leave the top part on its too much work and a pain to take it out..i said screw that and put newspaper everywhere and painted the top without rippin it out.. and it turned out good in my opinion.. and yea of course i got paint in places i dont want lol.. but it comes off and rubbin at it and usin several chemicals lol and i finally got my reverse indiglows in.. their very nice...the ones offa ebay that r different style r def worth the money

·
Registered
735 Posts
Would you mine posting some pics of the finished product? I'm curious to see how it looks, and of the guages too :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts