FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is just a little information that you might find interesting/usefull if youre going to go on a road trip, but maybe not. its the gas milage i was getting at different highway speeds with my car. i ran tests with 2 different setups so here they are. this is by no means scientifically precise information, just some rough averages i found.

MY STOCK CAR: early 1993 four door lx... blue

SETUP ONE: 113,000 miles (on my car), 2 inch cat back exhaust with 60 series flowmaster muffler, one of those ripoffs on ebay that is just a resister that goes on your temp sensor, dirty air filter, intake resonator removed, a/c off, proper tire pressure, and my windows switching between up and down cause i was hot. im not sure what octane, it was either 86 or 87.

65mph -> roughly 42 mpg
70-75 mph -> 35-38 ish mpg

SETUP TWO: 125,000 miles (on my car),replaced ecu (my old one broke), 2 inch cat back exhaust with 60 series flowmaster muffler, 97 SPI engine (with somewhere around 100,000 miles on it), larger 95 maf directly up to the throttle body (battery in trunk so it fits), brand new cone filter, i removed the ebay resistor thing, a/c off, proper tire pressure, fresh oil, windows up, 87 octane.

65 mph -> 34 mpg
73ish mph -> 35 mpg

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Yeah I get the SPI milage up to about a 90mph cruise speed. 8)

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I get about 35mpg in my gtx wagon if i keep to the speed limits, and take off easy. At the track, though, I got 7 (seven) mpg.... :twisted:

(WOT uses a lot of fuel, i guess....)

--sarge

·
Registered
465 Posts
SgtRauksauff said:
I get about 35mpg in my gtx wagon if i keep to the speed limits, and take off easy. At the track, though, I got 7 (seven) mpg.... :twisted:

(WOT uses a lot of fuel, i guess....)

--sarge
holy shit, how do you get 35mpg?

I only get on it occasionally, and seem to be in the low 20's :(

and you're in a wagon no less

I used to get like 400 miles to a tank before my swap, so far I've been getting about 250-270.

ouch

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
If it makes you guys feel any better, my RX-7, according to my finley tuned butt-dyno, gets about 11mpg at the track putting about 55hp to the wheels.

Highway, when I got the car, was 22mpg (going 65mph), I quickly leaned out the carbs and now I'm getting 25.3. Still really sad for a car that's slower than an LX wagon on the highway and weighs about 300 pounds less. Sad.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
ya, at mostly highway, although some in town and hard takeoffs most of the time, I'm getting about 265 miles to a tank.... when I drive it perfect with sunoco 94 I have got only like 350 miles (MAYBE) to the tank.

·
Registered
411 Posts
ya, rotaries are natorious for gas consumption, you could get alot of hp out of that motor quite easily though, and there are quite a few swaps for rx-7s you could swap in a ss 13brew or a single turbo 13b or even a renesis

·
Registered
101 Posts
I calculated a 41mpg at 80mph last time I went down to the yj in daytona beach. I got lost at first so I ended up driving 100 miles in total... and it cost me $5 in gas which at that time gave me the gas to make 41mpg.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts