FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this game about 1 month ago and i´ve been addicted since. If you like counter strike, rtcw go download this game...

http://www.americasarmy.com

it´s free and it was done by the american army and there is constant updates in the game. Oh and it only plays online.

Anyway, I hope to see you gaming.

[ Edited by FourDiceS04 On Date 11-20-2002 ]

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
yeah, i´ve tried that game a few times back from the day it was release except i have problems with it. for some reason as soon as it goes to start a mission it crashes to the desktop and gives me some error. after going through numerous posts on their message board i figured out the problem, something with my video card not working with it. who knows. but that was WAY back with 1.0 and since they have updated they might have added in the support for other video cards like they said they would.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I downloaded that.. and i very much like the realism of the game.. its almost too real to where its almost not as much fun...
-i found the mg totally useless
-im too use to normal games where you rush in on a shootin frenzy.. and then die.. and wair up to 10 min for round to end
-i made about 30 nice little man shaped holes in the ground from parachuting.. or lack of being able too.

all in all a good game.. a little bit of a learning curve to get over.. and you have to ditch the whole cs idea cuz its more real.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
i definately have to try it out sometime...

slapyo, i was checkin out your personal site link, and noticed that you play DoD? you chould come join me ´n´ nukewater sometime!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I´ve got that game... it´s alright.
I´ve been playing fps´s since the original wolfenstein came out.... I still have it. It´s the original german version, and the entie game fits on a single 3.5" floppy

Since then, I´ve been through most of the fps´s... doom, quake, half-life, rtcw, eventually doom3!

The game is fair, I´d say. When I started off I got raped like crazy cause I didn´t know about the combat effectiveness meter. I was like WTF when I was shooting the hell outta somebody, and I later learned that your combat effectiveness had to be up, which kinda sucks, because you can´t go out for a run and have even decent aim, which is pretty unrealistic. I mean, the aim is exceedingly bad. maybe the guys should lose a little weight.

Then I finally figured out the basics, and I got my sniper´s badge, graduating from the original firing pit with 38 of 40 targets down. The two I missed were total bullshit, I was right on...

Anyway, I played that map with the giant snow cliffs, and managed to take out 8 of the 9 players on the other team singlehandedly with the sniper rifle the first time I went out with it.

I got bored of the slow gameplay after a couple days and went back to counter-strike. Haven´t played much cause of classes and exams, but when I do play, I´ll usually play dpb (the new paintball mod) for half-life. It´s pretty good.

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
where do you guys play? i am in the clan [~bcBUD~].

http://www.bcbud.net

i actually just lost my computer, 1 HD took a shit on me and then the other was actin up so i decided if one went the other had to go too, so i formated it. then realized i dont have my HL cds with me, they are at home. SO i can´t play right now, but if i can find HL i will install it and play with ya. i´ll smoke YA!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
i´m either found on XK´s server, a pretty skill-filled server unless it´s really late at night

or i´m @ my {CFM} server (cfm is password), we have 10 bots constantly running there, usually there´s a person or two as well, but our clan´s slowly diminishing

oh, those bots WILL rip you a few new eye sockets, their reaction is at 0.1 seconds, and near 90% accuracy from anywhere. get pistol sniped from across caen2!!!
cya around

1 - 8 of 8 Posts