FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start off by saying Donnie should start up an "I´m a complete dumbass" section so that I can be the first to post in it.

On the way out to Meijer I got onto the highway. by the time I was half way up the on ramp I had run through 1st and 2nd and into third I was doing 70 mph. That´s the first real ´adrenaline rush´ I think I´ve ever felt. Most of the time I do shit like that I feel more scared of my stupidity than anything.

On the way back I got back on the highway behind a big ass V8 Jeep who refused to go more than 45 mph. I got a little annoyed because cars were coming up on us at 65-75 mph and I don´t like to stay in the "wolf packs" on the highway. When he finally got out of the passing lane, I gunned it (I was in third). Redlined at 95, shifted to fourth, wound that out to 6900 and found I was going 115 mph, and shifted to 5th, and slowly slid my car back down to 73 mph, by that time I had run up on another set of cars and trucks doing 55 mph. I slowed to that and slipped in behind them and got off at my exit.

So what did I learn? Where each gear redlines in my 92 EGT, except 5th gear.
1st: 40
2nd: 65
3rd: 95
4th: 115
5th: not enough straight-away on this particular and (mostly) unpatrolled highway and not enough numbers on my speedometer.
I´d say don´t do this, but then I´d be a hipocrite so I´m only going to say...if you´re going to be stupid like me, wear your seatbelt.

·
Registered
911 Posts
i ran w/ my friend one day on highway at night...

my fastest i´ve been according to his speedo was 131. I was at like 5900 or 6000 to get to it. It takes a while to get past 115, but its possible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts