FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
what kinds are those? the bumper looks like an easy fit, but those headlights look like they'll be pretty tricky to mount. u should do a photoshop of what it would look like, it would be pretty easy since you have it all lined up there :) if you pull it off, that'll be very nice, very unique

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
looks like the new Subaru front end (headlights anyway) that will be pretty tricky to try and mount. How do you suppose you'll get the hood to line up with the slant? :?

Looks like a very interesting project non the less, good luck with it. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
You will probably have to cut your hood and fenders, but thats not too tricky. Just trim small edges till it lines up good.

For the bumper I would lift the hood take out the headlights and corners then screw the bumper on to the old one. Take both off and glass over the screws. Sounds primitive but I have done a lot of them like this and if you feather it out nicely no one will ever know you did it like that.

Looks like you will have to make a wider grill. Just get some high density foam and sheetmetal. glass the foam to whatever size and shape you need then glass the sheetmetal to the back. You can then make some sort of bracket that will hold it on the car.

If you need a better explanation let me know.

·
Registered
735 Posts
That definitely looks awesome man, sorry I can't offer any advice, but post some pictures when it's complete, looks like it has major potential.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes i know its gonna be hard and just so u guys know those lights are 03 maxima lights :) i found them on a roof and if they dont fit the way i hoped im not gonna go crazy i will just either sell them or leave them out and just put on the bumper..... cstyle wat u mean put the new bumper over the other one??? the new one is a bigmouth style bumper that would mean i would have to cut a whole in the other bumper........ its a lot of work . right now im tryin to find civic supports for cheap like 10-20 dollars....they normally go for 80 so i got a lot of work ahead of me

·
Registered
735 Posts
I think what he meant was try and put the old bumper inside of the new one and mark off holes where to drill, or something... that's what I would try and do anyways.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts