FEOA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a parasitic draw coming from the fuse 4 circuit . The scort is a 95 lx with the 1.9. Just seeing if anyone else has had this issue ? The fuse 4 info reads Charging system, Instrument panel fuse panel (belt, door lock, hazard, Room , stop tail.)
A little info, the seat belt pc is unhooked and the speedo is broke.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I did the volt drop it was dropping with the engine off. If I unplug battery every night it's fine but if I leave it it dies sometimes 1 day sometimes 3 days. I'll let you guys know what I find as I'm at a shop where I can get good advice. I don't think it's the alternator as that would mean the battery would go dead in real time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am still learning the ropes of auto electrical work. But I'm on the path for sure. It also has a code that comes on and off it might be related.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Well old style alterntors can cause a drain when not running due to certain bad diodes.
I believe that the voltage regulator can do something similar.
So if that circuit is on the charging circuit it could be plausible.

If you yank that fuse out, will it still drain the battery?

·
Administrator
9,160 Posts
prety much all the cars electrical stuff is fed off of fuse 4..... youll need to eliminate them one by one. here are some diagrams.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,258 Posts
Though it soaked up a lot of time, doing my own electrical (and mechanical work) is always the route I took. It also meant doing things wrong, sometimes repeatedly, until I solved the mystery.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts