FEOA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was going to update the post of most miles with orig drivetrain until today. I think the scort has taken his last ride. 1996 1.9l with 244,000 miles. Today I was driving about 65mph and I noticed the oil light come on and then off. I drove to an area which was safe to pull over. As soon as I pulled over I noticed a faint motor noise. As I opened the hood It was the nasty (Oil) smell ever and then the smoke. No fluids were leaking from the car. I turned it off and pulled the dipstick nothing but dark oil. And now it will not crank it turns over and that's it. I can hear a strange bubbling noise as I attempt to crank it? I do know these things. The timing belt is intact and has not jumped timing. There is no water in the oil. And that's about it. Any help is greatly needed. :(

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
your headgasket is probably cooked if the oil is black it's burnt meaning a catastrophic failure internally

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
the bubbleing noise is probably compression leaking into the coolant passages past the head gasket - pull the head off and inspect it - proceed with repairs from there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. If it is the head gasket should it have water in the oil? Also what would have been the smell? Also how about the puff of oil smoke or the oil light comming on and off prior to failure? Thanks again

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
the oil light and the puff of blue smoke definetly mean your gasket is gone!. and it wont nessicerily have water in the oil the smell would have been the gasket baking onto the block most likely. the oil light should have been the first indication i know my POS if i take a corner to hard the light momentarily comes on then goes off im sure its only cuz im running full synthetic so im not worried.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I will do a compression check and pull that head off and see what's up. Hopefully that's it and I can revive my scort from the dead. I love it to much to let it go to the bone yard :)

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
did u do the compression test? keep us updated

1 - 7 of 7 Posts