FEOA Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the Pontiac Silver Dome for the autocross and it was a blast.... Justin (Hotscort) came out to visit and watch the events. Thank you. He had an unexpected "short cut" on the way to the event..... Off an exit and thru a road sign @ 65ish.... He is fine but.... his roof, bumper and grill.... well.... not so good... will have pics later... The weather could not make up its mind and it made for a crazy day......I never could put up a good run, but my brother took 2nd.... :) ....... Just call me cone killer for now :(

Grav1ty

·
Registered
624 Posts
thanks Ed i got most of the dents out and its painted now and the bumper and grille are back in place now all i have to do is put the interior back!

Hey would a 95 eagle summit 5speed be good for autocross??

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Hands down, I think that autocross is probably the best way to spend your automotive dollars.

I'd rather have a festiva and spend my life as an autocrossing loser than buy a flashy mistubishi 3000gt and score with tons of hot women. Wait... no I wouldn't. BAHAHAHHAHA

j/k - autoX roxxorz my boxxorz, I love it

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
word has it that you mowed down an innocent road sign...

to answer your question, the best autox cars are lightweight, balanced, RWD, are wide, and have a short wheelbase.

textbook definition:
1st gen RX-7
1st gen MR2

Other great autocross cars are the 2.5L Suby legacy GT, 1st gen nissan maxima, and the honda crx.

I did one once in a police interceptor. All I gotta say is that steering with the throttle is the most fun thing I've ever done in a car. 260ft-lbs in the trunk makes me smile.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
2nd Gen MR2s (which the '93 is) came turbocharged.. not supercharged. The problem with a 2nd Gen.. and don't get me wrong, because they were my first dream car and I still want one.. is that they are heavy as hell. They're tiny, have no storage space, but weigh over 3k lbs.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
siragan said:
word has it that you mowed down an innocent road sign...

to answer your question, the best autox cars are lightweight, balanced, RWD, are wide, and have a short wheelbase.

textbook definition:
1st gen RX-7
1st gen MR2

Other great autocross cars are the 2.5L Suby legacy GT, 1st gen nissan maxima, and the honda crx.

I did one once in a police interceptor. All I gotta say is that steering with the throttle is the most fun thing I've ever done in a car. 260ft-lbs in the trunk makes me smile.
To be honest, I'm in shock that the word "Miata" is nowhere to be found in that post.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you!!! Our almost stock Miata got 2nd to a highly built mr2 (first gen) and all we have done to it is different injectors and a headder, and that put us in C Street Prepared class.

Grav1ty

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.