FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully someone's seen this before. I had to replace my fuel pump recently for a pressure issue. First fuel pump from O'reilly's. Once the car got below half a tank, a right turn on a city corner ad anything more than creeping speed causes it to lose power until a few seconds after the corner. Obvious fuel supply issue. Took the pump back to O'Reilly's and got another one, same symptom. Took that back and got a Delphi from Rock Auto, one they call premium, same problem, fuel starvation on right turns. By now, I know how to deal with it driving the car but it's a pain in the ass, and the wife refuses to drive it. Thoughts anybody?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hopefully someone's seen this before. I had to replace my fuel pump recently for a pressure issue. First fuel pump from O'reilly's. Once the car got below half a tank, a right turn on a city corner ad anything more than creeping speed causes it to lose power until a few seconds after the corner. Obvious fuel supply issue. Took the pump back to O'Reilly's and got another one, same symptom. Took that back and got a Delphi from Rock Auto, one they call premium, same problem, fuel starvation on right turns. By now, I know how to deal with it driving the car but it's a pain in the ass, and the wife refuses to drive it. Thoughts anybody?
Guys, I'm embarrassed that I didn't see the cause right away. Obviously, the sock is too damned long and the pump sucks air just as soon as enough fuel pours away from it. Solution was to shorten the sock a lot. Did so and put it back in the car, problem solved.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts