FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Didn't get any help last time sooo....
87 exp Multi port injection.1.9L HO.

30 psi fuel pressure- already new pump, pressure regulator

Another new pump airtex pump and sending unit- no change

New fuel filter- now when quick acceleration, jumps to 40 psi and back to 30 psi fast.
All this time on initial charge of pump, no pressure. Need to "prime" pump.

Direct wire to + battery, pump instantly jumps to 40 psi.

I have a fuel relay on the way. V drop test also showed no neg voltage at the pump. I really dont think i am testing everything correct. I just keep searching and find all different test proceedures and results, etc...
I am tired. Can anyone attemp to help me with this diagnosis? Or do I have to call House MD??? LOL. Please help!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I didn't get a fuel relay. I put away the diagnostics and went on a test drive. It ran fine. I know it could be better. maybe later.
I read that the pressure is supposed to drop 3-10 psi, somewhere, sometime. It charges fine now, up to 40 psi, then start and it drops to 30 psi.
Should it run at 30 psi and go up with accelleration?

·
Registered
107 Posts
the drop is pressure after starting the engine is normal, for a vacuum controlled fuel pressure regulator.

Wide open throttle, expect the pressure to increase as the engine vacuum drop off.

(Is that Riverside, CA?)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.