FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I have an extra 1.8L at my uncle's shop. How much do you want to spend on it. I only ask because I am in northern Illinois, and unsure of shipping costs. Just let me know, I just have to unbag the engine and pull it. Were you wanting stock injectors too?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
you try junkyards yet? mazda BP's have the same fuel rail, just find the engine that looks exactly like yours only the valve cover says mazda on it and grab it! I live in washington and could pick one up from the local pull a part and ship if you are closer to WA.

up to you. I'd try junkyards tho! how can a fuel rail go bad? break yeah, so a junkyard one that looks solid should work.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fuel Rail.

I was looking at something after market, I found this OBX on E bay for 120 and change.

I am building an all motor 1.8 to go canyon running against my buddies sciroccos, rabbits, corrados.

The stock fuel rail, is not up to what I am building, I.e adjustable fuel pressure reg, and aeroquip connectors, and custom fab intake mani.

I just got the block back, from the machine shop. and I just started porting and polishing, the head. I had to cut a head to pieces to find out what thicknesses were. once that's done, I'm going to CC and high polish the combustion chambers, 3 way valve grind, 32 degree cut back on the valves, flow bench and double springs.

I was looking a possible running a 3 stage dry sump set up, but that cost coin but the extra couple of ponies, and not having to worry about the engine being oil starved, in hard corners is worth it, problems it were to put it.

the badman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.