FEOA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving to work yesterday, and the car died on me. After a quick look under the hood, i noticed that gas was pooling on top of the fuel filter, the line that goes from the filter to the fuel rail had come off.

I clipped it back on, and continued on my way.

It did it again within 5 minutes. So i called in to work, and took the Celica to autozone and grabbed a 6 pack of Ford fuel clips. Installed a new one, drove it around for about 15 minutes, beating the snot out of it, and it was fine.

Took it out that night again to run errands, and it started dying again. Same thing every time, that line is coming off.

I'm pushing the line down on the filter until i hear a click, but it's still coming off.

My questions:

1) When installing again, should be putting the clip on the line first, THEN pushing it down onto the filter, or should i put the line on the filter, then install the clip?

2) What else should i check to find out why this thing is coming off? It's extremely annoying and HOT to push that thing down every 5 minutes.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
you put the clip in after you push the line on

your breaking something by pushing til you hear a click

I assume your installing the clip and then pushing it on?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, thanks guys! I did it the short way (WRONG!!) the first time because the motor was hot back there, and there's not a ton of room. I drove the Celica to work today, so i'll do it the right way when i get home.

Hopefully that fixes it.

One last question: What size is the clip? I bought an assortment, comes with 5/8ths and one other size.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
i dunno of a specific size, you get new ones with a new filter I have dozens of them in my tool box ford used like 10 different kinds so Id assume between manufacturers there hundreds of different types

stupid really they should all be the same

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
celery952 said:
i dunno of a specific size, you get new ones with a new filter I have dozens of them in my tool box ford used like 10 different kinds so Id assume between manufacturers there hundreds of different types

stupid really they should all be the same
I got new ones without a fuel filter. 5/8ths and 9/16ths i think. Bummer. I guess i should pick up a new filter anyways, just because it should be done.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, already got it and installed. :D

·
Registered
725 Posts
ciento44 said:
I was driving to work yesterday, and the car died on me. After a quick look under the hood, i noticed that gas was pooling on top of the fuel filter, the line that goes from the filter to the fuel rail had come off.

I clipped it back on, and continued on my way.

It did it again within 5 minutes. So i called in to work, and took the Celica to autozone and grabbed a 6 pack of Ford fuel clips. Installed a new one, drove it around for about 15 minutes, beating the snot out of it, and it was fine.

Took it out that night again to run errands, and it started dying again. Same thing every time, that line is coming off.

I'm pushing the line down on the filter until i hear a click, but it's still coming off.

My questions:

1) When installing again, should be putting the clip on the line first, THEN pushing it down onto the filter, or should i put the line on the filter, then install the clip?

2) What else should i check to find out why this thing is coming off? It's extremely annoying and HOT to push that thing down every 5 minutes.
my car did that when i installed a 255 lph walboro pump. I ended up using the clips but i zip tied and duct taped them to reinforce it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts