FEOA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this here as it affects the egt whether fi or not, sorry if its in the wrong space.

I've narrowed down the last of my boost leaks to the fuel injector orings, but have had a very hard time finding replacements. Each injector has 3 seals, one nitrate oring ontop for the fuel rail connection, a rubber spacer in the middle, then a plastic/rubber seal on the pintle cap.

The one I'm speaking of is the pintle cap seal. When ordering from my local parts store I receive only the top 2 and was confused and assumed the one for the middle was a redesigned one for the bottom and changed it for 1 injector. After taking it for a drive there was a noticable difference in power, so it did work, but I want to use the correct part.

I had a bunch of extras laying around where the plastic was in good shape and so was the rubber, it was soft and bendy, and when sliding onto the pintlecap they were tight. Well after changing them all the power went right back down. I wont be able to do another pressure test to see how badly they are leaking until the weekend.

Basically I'm wondering if there is some kind of fix for this, new seals on their own are 10$ each from the deal, and judging from the condition of the current ones I am worried that it wont make a difference. Can I use some sort of sealant? ..

At the same time I could be wrong but I'm sure I've heard in the past of other injectors fitting our engines, I found a site that claims to make very high quality replacements, but none of them are for our injectors in specific, but at 25$ a set if some will fit this would be a good thing for all of us. I tried searching but can only find stuff for 1.9's, mind you this may apply for them as well. http://www.fuelinjectorclinic.com/
Thanks!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awsome thanks, ... did anyone else have this problem? im really suprised it leaks so bad and theres not much experience here regarding it.

Maybe a boost leak sticky thread would be a good idea? .. llike how to check for leaks/common areas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts