FEOA Forums banner

Fuel injector cleaner setup

607 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Marvin 
#1 ·
I purchased a "bargain" fuel injector cleaner set up. I mentioned it in another thread and was asked to post pictures. So I decided to do so here and explain why I dislike it and may be returning it.

Why I bought it. I used a 30 year old OTC tool when I worked at a dealer. OTC wants $170 for the main kit. Another $280 for all the adapters. This kit came complete with many adapters for $99. Looking back I should have gotten the OTC and bought only the adapters I need for just my current cars. But I was in a rush to move a car with a bad fuel pump. So I bought this kit to pressurize the fuel system so I could move the car around.

Now for all the dislikes. It came with a very odd air supply fitting, I replaced it with a whip hose with a standard air fitting allowing remote disconnects. The fuel and injector cleaning line is not rated for fuel usage, only air. I question how long the hose is going to last with fuel and harsh cleaning fluids running though it. The orings for the Ford fuel rail adapter also feel cheap and probably also not rated for fuel usage. In fact I had one fail after the first use. The shut off valve open/closes like a water valve vs only a quarter turn for the OTC. So if something does go wrong you can't shut it down as fast as the OTC unit. PSI markings on the gauge is on the inside of the dial vs the OTC dial that is much larger and easier to read. Many of the adapters are very poor quality, bored off center, or have ruff burs that makes them questionable if they will actually seal correctly. No schrader valve connection for Ford, only the larger one GM uses. The OTC uses a quick disconnect to it's adapters that seal well and allow the hose to swivel. This set up uses multiple threads to attach adapters and does not allow for things to swivel. So bumping or moving the hose or unit during usage may result in the connection loosening causing fuel/cleaner to leak or spray out under pressure.

Link to what I recommend you stay away from. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078HXJDG3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Gas
Speedometer Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gauge Automotive lighting
Engineering Gas Machine Electrical wiring Auto part
Household hardware Gas Cylinder Engineering Machine
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Rim Gas
View attachment 47822 Hand Automotive tire Finger Household hardware Material property

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.