FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swapped my gauges... 93 LX... for gauges out of 92 LX sport... now all gauges work except fuel gauge and it reads E all the time... gauge worked in other car as it read 3/4 when i pulled it.... i am confused

·
Registered
680 Posts
Did you have the same cluster in your car or did you do a swap so you get the tach?If you did the swap there is some wires that are crossed I believe.Thats why you gas gauge isnt working.
Someone here wrote a diagram for the wiring of it but your best bet is to get the wiring diagram from ford for your 93 and the 92 cluster so you know where to relocate the wires.

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
Yeah the wires in the 3 plugs differ in their location on the plug from year to year. I had a similar problem. There may be some idiot lights not working too that you haven't noticed. I had to open my door and let the belt retract BEFORE I pulled the parking brake on, or they wouldn't retract!

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
They say that the simplest answer is quite often the right one, so maybe you just need to fill the tank!!! :lol:

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
I've never swapped gauges before, but if you have your cluster off, with the key in the "on" position and a volt or multi meter, you should be able to find the correct wires if you know you have fuel in the tank.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
If you touch the needles of the gas gauge at all when it's out of the car, you'll DESTROY its accuracy. Solution: get a new gauge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts