FEOA Forums banner

fuel filter change

961 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  webstien 
#1 ·
Chilton's manual says you have to relieve the fuel system pressure before you change out the fuel filter....Only one problem, it doesn't tell you how to do it. Anybody know how to do this so I don't spray $4.55 a gallon gas everywhere (I live in California) and kill myself?

Thanks

#3 ·
Just put on a pair of safety goggles and do it. The amount of fuel you'll lose will be LESS than the amount that you'll burn after you hit the inertia switch. Don't be a wuss!! :)

#4 ·
It won't be enough pressure at the filter to spray you. Just unclip the top of the filter first, and remove that. The gas will drip down, then the bottom hose won't have any pressure.

It's kind of awkward to do. I surprisingly didn't have to remove anything to get to it.

#6 ·
atomicEGT said:
substanger said:
Just put on a pair of safety goggles and do it. The amount of fuel you'll lose will be LESS than the amount that you'll burn after you hit the inertia switch. Don't be a wuss!! :)
Some people don't like getting fuel all over their engine compartment / garage floor.
It's not like it stain. Just pull the line off.
I like smokeing a cig while doing it, really freaks people out.

#7 ·
Onegimp said:
atomicEGT said:
substanger said:
Some people don't like getting fuel all over their engine compartment / garage floor.
It's not like it stain. Just pull the line off.
I like smokeing a cig while doing it, really freaks people out.
I like to do it next to an active volcano spewing liquid hot magna, REALLY freaks people out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.