FEOA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gentleman good evening.!

It's been a while since ive been on here and have probably missed alot, now i have a question i need answered and cannot understand Via Search.

Here Goes,
160 KM/H Fuel cut...GHEY

i have been told there is a wire i can cut and switch that eliminates my fuel cut the car is a 96 1.9. can anyone tell me where this wire is?
i can get up to 160 KM/H in 4th gear so 5th i should be able to push it hard so please someone get back to me on this i need more speed.. thanks alot

Dave

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
A 99mph fuel cut? I highly doubt it. I took my 95LX's over 100mph several times, I even pegged one, but that was downhill with a tail wind ;)

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no its fuel cut lol it goes to 160km/h and then chugs and its only at about maybe 4500-5200 rpm im not sure but no higher ive been told theres a wire u can cut to eliminate the cut i dont know but ive heard

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
pull your e-brake just enough for the e-brake light to come on, but not enough for it to start engaging. That should disable to limiter.

That worked on my 93 wagon, which was governed at 110MPH (I tested the top limit and the e-brake trick on a closed course). My 94 has no governor that I have been able to reach.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Could also be valve float. 8O Wouldn't be the first time. Everything stock with a pile of miles...

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
None of the LX's I've owned ever had the speed limit...the manual says it did, but I never found it.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey guys you think that the E-Brake could really work lol it sounds kind of whack but i will give it a try. now my car isn't compleatly stock its got a bigger throttle body and a 1st gen HO header, nothing major but its upped my rpm redline a little bit. and it still pegs at 160 KM/H :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts