FEOA Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my windshield and driver side window completely frost up on the inside!??

any ideas how ican prevent this or get rid of it without spending 10min scraping every last inch of it off

it takes a good 10min for my defrost to get rid of it

HOW DID THE WATER GET IN THERE:(

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
that's happened to me once or twice. i scraped it.

try putting some Rain-X or something on the inside of your windows. might help

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Welcome to living in a cold climate.

This is normal. Unless you stop breathing, or it stops being damp outside, you will never get rid of this.

Matt 8)

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
the last time that case happened to me its when I get my shower and 5 mins after the showeer , I went to the job at -14 celsius

I just drove like jim carey in Ace Ventura ;)

·
Premium Member
8,139 Posts
BE CAREFUL WHEN DOING THIS!!!!

place a small space heater in yoru trunk on a piece of plywood wiht your trunk carpet out. crack your front windows about and inch. flip down your rear seats (hatchback or trunk). crank that thing up and let it sit for a few hours or the day. it will dry you out good! if that doesn't solve the issue then look into all your seals and start teh problem solving.

NEUMAN

·
Registered
493 Posts
I get this EVERYDAY in my winter beater (89 Micra) and it is due to the fact that it has no weather stripping on the back window so it's ure weather stripping on one of ure windows! I have gotten used to the fact that scraping it is the answer since I am driving my micra off a cliff when spring comes!! :twisted:

·
Registered
15,385 Posts
marclar said:
the trunk usualy has water in it, leakage arround windows, and weather striping.
Or water coming into the outside air for the heater intake when there is a clog in the drain in the fender (where the runoff from your windshield goes to).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts